… my garden gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree.
That is such a lie! First, I don’t have a pear tree in my garden (yet). Secondly, we don’t get partridges in this neck of Wales (although I have been lucky enough to watch black grouse with their silly white bottoms).
But, after getting back from a lovely New Year’s Eve gathering and a breezy beach walk, I really needed something refreshing and warm to get me through the rest of the day.
It’s cold and sparse in the garden at the moment, but I can always rely on the mint in the containers near the house for a quick fresh pick me up.
Mint Hot Toddy – for two
- 1/2 mug loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp honey
- juice from a lemon
- 2 tbs rum (optional)
- Put mint into a small saucepan and pour two mugs of boiling water over it
- Let the brew steep for five minutes
- In a teapot, put the rum (if using), honey and lemon juice
- Strain the mint tea from the saucepan into the teapot
- Stir, and drink.
Now, a little lie down is in order 🙂